Where Was Sherlock Holmes Filmed
Where was Sherlock Holmes filmed. The film gives a lively feel of England in yesterdays (Robert Downey Jr playing the role of Sherlock Holmes) with most of the filming locations in England. The detailed list is below.
“Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” Filming Locations
- Among the spectacular locations is Cliffs Of Dover, UK. To know more about cliffs around the world, visit best Cliffs in the World
- Place de la Cathédrale, Strasbourg, Bas-Rhin, France is the the location of the opening scene where the Taro card reader is saved by Holmes who is in search of Professor Moriarty.
- Other Sherlock Holmes Locations include: Didcot Railway Centre, Oxfordshire, England; Bourne Woods, Farnham, UK (the actions sequence where Holmes and Watson are being targeted by canon firing. Other movies filmed here include Gladiator, Harry Potter and Snow White & The Huntsman); Triengen, Kanton Luzern, Switzerland
Sherlock Holmes Filming Locations(2009)
- Where Lord Blackwood was burried – Brompton Cemetery, London, UK
- The luxury hotel room where Irene Adler gets the better of Holmes – Cliveden House, Buckinghamshire, UK
- Sir Thomas Rotheram’s mansion – College of Heralds, Queen Victoria Street, England
- Houses of Parliament where the lawmen are assembled by Lord Balckwood - Manchester Town Hall, UK