Where Was Braveheart Filmed
Where Was Braveheart Filmed. Story of William Wallace (played by Mel Gibson) who rebels against the English lords after his wife is killed, then goes on to fight King Edward I of England for the right of free men of Scotland.
Braveheart Filming Locations
- This is the opening sequence of the movie when Mel Gibson was still a kid – Aonach Eagach, Scotland, UK
- Ballymore Eustace, County Kildare, Ireland
- Bective Abbey, County Meath, Ireland (London scenes)
- Trim Castle Braveheart (Ireland) - Check out the Trim Castle hotel when you are here
- Coronation Plantation, County Wicklow, Ireland
- Curragh Plains, County Kildare, Ireland (Battle of Stirling Bridge)
- Dunsany Castle, County Meath, Ireland
- Dunsoghly Castle, County Dublin, Ireland was portrayed as the Edinburgh Castle
- Fort William and other locations Glen Coe, Highland, Scotland, UK – Some scenes in Skyfall and many of the Snow White and the Huntsman Filmed here.