Where was Blood Diamond Filmed
Where was Blood Diamond Filmed. The movie is set in Sierra Leone during the Civil War that took place from 1996 to 2001. Blood Diamonds are diamonds mined in African war zones and sold to finance the war. Leonardo DiCaprio plays the role of one such trader in the movie.
Blood Diamond Filming Locations
- Cape Town, South Africa is one of the locations. Visitors should read things to do in Cape town before travelling. Also be sure to visit Cape Point.
- Goba, Mozambique – While Sierra Leone itself was not safe for filming the movie, Mozambique and parts of South Africa fit perfectly well
- KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa – Game reserves is among the best safari in Africa
- Maputo, Mozambique – The Capital and largest city in Mozambique
- Other locations where Blood Diamond was filmed: Port Edward, South Africa; London, England; Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town