Top Things to do in Toronto
#2 in Best Places to Visit in Canada - 1. CN Tower is the 3rd tallest building in the world. Enjoy the view of the city and Lake Ontario from the tower the best on a clear sunny day. This is a great attraction for kids. Make sure you go all the way to the top. Kids will love the glass floor observatory deck.
2. Casa Loma (Professor X’s School in the X-men Series) is a magnificent castle in Toronto. It is an architectural marvel. It was originally a residence for financier Sir Henry Mill Pellatt. There are secret stairways, underground tunnels and museums in there. This is truly a historic gem in Toronto. Due to its distinctive architectural appeal, Casa Loma has been a popular location for TV and movies. This is the Professor X’s school for the gifted in the X-Men series.
3. Toronto Eaton Centre is a shopping mall in Toronto. It’s a very large shopping complex with a great variety of shops, restaurants and boutiques. Shoppers, this is the place for you to shop till you drop. There are live performances that go on in the mall. This is a great family outing place on a not so great day, weather-wise.
4. Princess of Wales Theatre is a 2000 seat theatre located in downtown, Toronto. This theatre was built in the early 1900s. The theatre honours Diana, Princess of Wales, with whose consent the theatre was named “Princess of Wales Theatre”.
5. Rogers Centre is a stadium in downtown, Toronto. It was originally known as SkyDome. It is a multi-purpose stadium. It’s a great tourist attraction. It’s an outdoor stadium with a revolving roof that would convert it into an indoor stadium. It’s amazing to watch the roof closing from inside.
6. Hockey Hall of Fame museum is for all ages. It is dedicated to the history of ice hockey. You will find detailed information about former players (world-wide), teams, NHL (National Hockey League) records and NHL trophies, including the Stanley Cup.
Things to do in Toronto with kids
Toronto Zoo is the largest zoo in Canada. The zoo is located near the Rouge River. There are 7 different sections in the zoo wherein each section is dedicated to a continent or geographic region. There are over 16,000 animals in the zoo. It’s a great attraction for kids. It is a truly educational experience for them.
Toronto Beach is also known as the “Beaches”. There are restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques along Queen Street east and the walk along the boardwalk is amazing on a sunny day. It’s a great place for kids.
Nearby things to do in Toronto
Niagara Falls is a world- famous waterfalls located in Niagara Falls city in Ontario. Niagara Falls is just about an hour and a half by road from Toronto. It’s a set of 3 large waterfalls. The largest one among the 3 is called Horseshoe. Both American and Horseshoe falls can be best seen from the Canadian side, thus making it one of the major tourist attractions of the world. The falls are truly breathtaking. Maid of the Mist is sheer magic, a great experience. There is also a Wax Museum in Niagara Falls city which is totally worth visiting. Visit things to do in Niagara Falls for details.
Niagara on the lake is the called the loveliest town in Ontario. Its many attractions which include 28 wineries, the marina, historic sites such as Fort George and the Historical Society Museum and cultural events such as the Shaw Festival. Visit things to do in Niagara on the lake for details.