Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Ranked #1 in Argentina tourism

Ranked #2 in Brazil tourism

Iguazu Falls are taller and wider than Niagara Falls. 275 falls spread in a horseshoe shape collectively make up the Iguazu Falls. The magnificence of the falls and the tremendous amount of water falling down 269 feet and its sheer beauty are difficult to express, but can be fully enjoyed by viewing.

Iguazu Falls, Argentina

Iguazu Falls, Argentina

How to get to Iguazu Falls

20% of Iguaza Falls are located in the Brazilian territory, while the remaining 80% belong to Argentina. You can reach the Falls by air. Two international airports are located close to the falls- the Foz do Iguacu International Airport in Brazil and Cataratas Del Iguazu International Airport in Argentina. You can take bus or taxi to reach the falls. The Falls are shared by the National Park in Brazil and Argentina. You can take Helicopter rides from the Park to enjoy aerial views of the falls.

Iguazu Falls National Park

Iguazu Falls are designated as World Natural Heritage Site by UNESCO. The falls are component of virgin tropical forest ecosystem preserved by Brazilian and Argentine National Parks. You can take a tour to the national parks to enjoy wildlife, flora and fauna. You can find bird hikes and jungle trails in the National Park, offering scenic views. You can also enjoy boat rides out to the falls. The falls offer various photographic opportunities. It is recommended to visit the Falls during daytime, as the natural sunlight is ideal for photographs.

The spring and fall are the ideal times to visit Iguazu Falls. The Water level is significantly lower in winter and summer is very hot and humid. The surrounding subtropical rainforest around the Falls is home to more than 2,000 species of plants and various species of wild animals, including jaguars, howler monkeys, giant anteaters and Caymans.

Iguazu Waterfalls are made of numerous cascades that produce vast sprays of water, offering the most spectacular views. The region is rich in bird species. You can see almost half of the bird species in Argentina here. The vast power of the falls is utilized by Itaipu Hydroelectric power plant to generate electricity. The plant satisfies almost 40% of power needs of Brazil and Argentina. The dam is one of the largest in the world and is open for tours.

You can find many hotels near the Brazilian side and Argentinean side of the Falls. It is impossible to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Iguaza Falls in one day. It is advisable to stay in a lodge and explore the nature in a relaxed manner.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Back to Top ↑